Recently, Zoe Sugg (a.k.a Zoella) announced the launch of her WHSmith Book Club, and the list is absolutely packed with critically acclaimed YA novels. Seeing as I have not read a single one of these books, yet have had my eye on a couple for a while, I thought I would join in on this literary adventure!
The eight books for this summer book club are:
- ‘All The Bright Places’ by Jennifer Niven
- ‘Beautiful Broken Things’ by Sara Barnard
- ‘We Were Liars’ by E. Lockhart
- ‘Fangirl’ by Rainbow Rowell
- ‘The Potion Diaries’ by Amy Alward
- ‘Everything Everything’ by Nicola Yoon
- ‘The Sky Is Everywhere’ by Jandy Nelson
- ‘Billy and Me’ by Giovanna Fletcher7
As Zoe has a large amount of followers – including those of a younger age – I thought this was a brilliant way to encourage more people to read. The eight picks look fantastic and I’m thoroughly excited to get stuck in to some great YA novels!
I will be reviewing each book as I go on this blog, and my first read is ‘All The Bright Places’ by Jennifer Niven. I hope you will enjoy reading my reviews on these, and please let me know in the comments if you decide to join in with me as I would love to have discussions with others on these novels!